Sunday 26 April 2009

Lewis Agility Show

3 Runs for each of them today. Campbell had Graded 1 & 2 jumping first. A lovely easy course with one tricky bit. He did a good run and I couldn’t believe it when I went to check our time and we were lying in 1st we didn’t stay there though but ended up 4th which I am still very very pleased with as that’s his best place to date. It was a very fast course so I am surprised we managed a top 10 placing. Next he had Graded 1 & 2 Agility. It looked fairly easy and there were no weaves so I was looking forward to it…. But we got E’d that was after he went to say hi to Angela the judge who he knows! Last was Grade 1 – 7 Power and Speed. I didn’t expect a place in this as it was a very easy course which the higher grades would fly round. I wasn’t wrong we managed a clear but were 4 seconds behind 1st place.

This was Chico’s first Kennel Club show so I didn’t expect much as he still gets very wound up in crowded spaces. He had Graded 1 & 2 jumping first. He did a lovely clear round and got the weaves without a problem and finished only 0.2 seconds behind Campbell. He is still quite slow through tunnels and the weaves so will be much faster than Campbell when he is a bit more relaxed. His second run was Grade 1 – 7 Helterskelter. It was a very tough course with lots of jumps close together and we didn’t manage to get round but im not surprised! Last he had Graded 1 & 2 Agility he did a lovely start and then decided just like Campbell to go say hi to the judge getting us E’d. Never mind it was a great day and I cant wait for our next one.

No comments: