Sunday 19 April 2009

Match Night

Had ring craft club match night tonight with Alfie. I only ever go to give him more experience of being in the show ring with other breeds as Staffies don't do well against other more flashy breeds and i didn't expect to get anywhere. When i arrived i was warned by another handler that the judge doesn't like bull breeds and wont even look at there teeth! Well he was right she wouldn't go near his mouth and she asked me to show her his teeth. Hes not really used to me doing this but was very well behaved, he really has come on lots this year. She surprised me though by picking us out first in yearling, we then went on to win reserve best in match. I'm very pleased and surprised! Cant wait for the championship shows now the first one should be Southern Counties in June.

2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Well done.

Teeth don't bother me much as I haven't got many left.... I dribble slightly.... so the judge would have just got a wet hand with me.

Amie Soto Blossom x x x

Sparky said...

yay! well done alfie!