Monday 13 July 2009

Cai gets his 'Flyball Dog' award!!!


Well the BFA website has been updated and Cai now has his flyball dog award :-) Anyone who has known me for a while will know how many problems i have had to overcome with Cai. He was asked to leave agility after his second class and obedience didnt go much better as nothing they tried managed to focus him so they eventually told me i had to be more tough on him and dragged him into the middle of the room and shook him by the collar till he stopped barking. We didn't go back.... I didnt want to give up on him though so thought i'd give flyball ago.

I rung a lovely lady Called Janice Aird who is the area rep for the BFA and asked if there was a local club. Well it turned out the nearest club was hers 'The Shooting Stars' but they were over 60 miles away. I talked with her for quite a while and they were happy for me to bring Cai along. Well that was the best thing i have every done for him. He loved it from the start and was obviously going to be something special if i managed to finally sort out his issues.

3 1/2 years later with a lot of hard work we have finally done it, Cai has been awarded his 'Flyball Dog' Award.

Thank you to Janice and Roger Aird from the Shooting Stars for not giving up on us. Sam Bawden from the Mad Mutts for kicking my Butt and making me trust him. Michelle and Roland from the Dream Team whos frendship and advice has been appreciated. And all my team mates from The Power Paws flyball team. Its been a long hard slog but it was worth it!

1 comment:

Soggibottom said...

Love you Campball x x x x x STILL!

better get a move on I am known to be rather fickle. X X X XX X X

Love you though kiss kiss You would love living at Soggibottom... all the cats? ? ? x x x x

Take care and have a good week with all the tennis balls. x x x I have cookies here. hum..... tempting .....