Sunday 29 March 2009

Waverunners Day 2

I wasn't really looking forward to today after our rubbish day yesterday but my boys surprised me and pulled some good runs out of the bag.

Chico was first up in Nursery Agility on a very tricky course which was far too technical really. He surprised me though and did a lovely clear round (one of only two)and got the best time so would have won the class but as they only give out clear round rosettes we had to make do with that. I was so pleased with him i then decided to enter him in both the Steeplechase classes. Steeplechase II was first and he took the first pole down as he wasn't looking where he was going. After that he did a lovely round with no other mistakes in a faster time than Campbell! Steeplechase I was after that and he did well but got confused at a tunnel that we had to go through twice one after the other as i didnt handle it very well. Overall im very pleased with him though as this is his first proper show and he hasn't jumped outside on grass before.

Campbell had Steeplechase II first and was doing great then ran past a jump coming out of a tunnel as i had crossed behind him so we ended up with 5 faults. Beginners jumping was next. It was a very easy up and down course that he flew round clear, he did clip the last pole but thank god it stayed up! He then had Beginners Agility which i really wanted to go well as were only 4 point off moving up to Novice. When i walked the course and saw it was almost the same as Chico's agility i was worried as it was quite a tricky course. He didnt let me down though and did a lovely clear although he didnt stop on his A frame so ill be training his round next week to make sure i dont loose his contacts. I did hold him on he see-saw and dog walk today but we still finished 2nd with less than a second between us and 1st so had i pushed him we could have won. Never mind im pleased with his 8 points as that now moves us up to Novice from next week.

1 comment:

Soggibottom said...

Just like to say that I have been to Tidy Tails today!
I am cute, and clean and the cats keep coming up to me and sniffing!!
Are they trying to tell me something?
luv Campbell
Your Amie Soto Blossom x x x x x